How to use the BIM File
Working in Revit, navigate to the "Add-ins" tab and click on the Vitro Architectural Glass Material Creator Button.
If you do not have the Vitro Architectural Glass Material Creator, you will need to download the executable file below. This will work for all versions of Revit from 2014 to 2018.
Vitro Architectural Glass Material Creator 2018
If glass needs to be configured, go to the Vitro Construct IGU
- Follow instructions for IGU configuration
- Click "Download BIM"
- Save the Material File to a location on your computer
Step 3: Once glass has been configured and saved, in Revit, click on "Load Material File". Navigate to the location of the file that you preciously downloaded from the Construct IGU tool.
Step 4: Check only the boxes of the material(s) that are to be inserted into the project and uncheck all others.
- The checkbox in the header row can be used to check or uncheck all materials for your selection.
- In the [Shade Color] column of each material is the RGB color value assigned to the model view of each material. Due to limitations of the Autodesk Revit API, this value cannot control the [Render Asset] color values. This must be done manually. Contact PPG for assistance.
- In the [Parameters] column of each material is a down arrow that can be expanded to review its associated parameters and values.
- Due to limitations of the Autodesk Revit API, exact values for rendering must be assigned manually.
Step 5: Click [Create Materials] to generate the material within an Autodesk Revit Project (.rvt) or Autodesk Revit Family (.rfa). The material is now available for use in your project.
Click [Cancel] to cancel the operation and close the Vitro Architectural Glass Material Creator.